So everytime I type something wrong or use the wrong word or the wrong tempus or grammar etc. I always get paranoid that someone who has english as their native language, will read what I wrote and spot all the mistakes I made and think, “Is she stupid or something?” or “Daamn, her english is horrible, I am never going to speak to her”.
I imagine that this excuse would be valid for 99% of my missed homework assignments.
Provinces of Poland
"I remember days where I’d have classmates breaking down, sobbing, because they just sucked in front of the class, and then in the evening going to see them in a production and being blown away by the magnitude of their talent. That made me more forgiving of myself, and also more daring. Because you fail, and then what? Life goes on. It’s only when you risk failure that you discover things. When you play it safe, you’re not expressing the utmost of your human experience." - Lupita Nyong’o for Backstage Magazine, February 2014
Happy International Woman’s Day!
- Him: it has to be perfect
- Me: what does?
- Him: they'll kill me if I screw up this dress
- Me: no they won't it's just a dress
- Him: yes they will I'm going to waste their money then Mickey Mouse is going to have me dropped on a deserted island far away where I'll die alone
- Me: it can't be that big a deal, are you making a parade character's dress or something?
- Him: they gave me so much money, I'm going to fuck it up. She'll look hideous
- Me: it'll be okay if you make a mistake, who's dress are you making?
- Him: *whispers* Elsa
- Me: isn't Elsa already in the park with a complete costume?
- Him: yes
- Me: then how are you doing her dress if it's done already?
- Him: her park dress is done. But she has her official, internationally televised and watched by millions coronation into the Disney royal family as a queen coming up and all the other members of the royal family will be there even the queens and all the princes and they've already booked the castle and they gave me one million dollars to design the perfect dress for Elsa as my first assignment.
- Me: oh...shit
- Him: *starts crying quietly*